City of Bellflower - NEW Business License Application
What You Need to Know to Get Started
1. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City of Bellflower.
2. Business licenses are renewed annually on the anniversary date.
3. Employer Identification Number is REQUIRED. If you do not have a Federal Employer Identification Number, please enter your State Employer Identification Number.
4. If the business is located in the City of Bellflower, you must also submit a "Zoning Clearance" form or a "Home Occupation Permit Application" form with the Planning Department. The forms are available at the City's website.
5. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 10 days you will receive another email containing the amount due and instructions on how to make the payment online. In case additional information are needed to process your application, you will be contacted.
NOTICE: Your Business Tax Certificate is required under the provisions of the Bellflower Municipal Code. You are cautioned that payment of this tax does NOT permit operation of a business in violation of other Municipal Code Sections. Your business location may be checked by Building, Fire, Planning, and when necessary, by Health Department Officials. If you have any doubt that your business location and/or building conforms with the requirements of the Bellflower Municipal Code, you are urged to contact the officials of those departments for further information BEFORE filing your application.
We wish you much success in your business venture. If you have additional questions regarding the business license application, please contact the Business License Division at (562) 804-1424.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice in English, click HERE. To view in other languages click HERE.